My Life Verse

1 Peter 3:8-9

"8Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."


Sunday, January 31, 2010

L.O.V.

     Today I sat around and did practically nothing (minus three hours of yoga which hardly counts) and I realized... I need to give back more. My time is precious-but it only matters if I make good use of it. This past summer, my good friend Sara and I (we served in Africa together in 06) had the opportunity to work with Lily of the Valley Orphanage(or L.O.V. for short), in Tijuana, Mexico. I had an amazing time going down for the day and just hanging out with the kids and showing them love.  They make the girls cut all their hair off and dress the same way the boys do (bright orange shirts) which is just awful, so its important to make the girls feel 'girly'. 
     I missed that today..just that feeling of doing something worthwhile with my day. I hope soon I can find more time and motivation to love on kids the way God loves on us.

p.s. Its crazy that looking at these photos-I have zero makeup on and im not exactly dressed in fashion. Yet I know in that moment I felt so beautiful, and that those children saw me as beautiful. Kids show such unconditional love. Wouldn't that be rad if adults were like that too?

No comments: