My Life Verse

1 Peter 3:8-9

"8Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."


Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti

I know I'm about the gazillionth person to blog about Haiti.  But I can't sit here at work without having that helpless 'sick to my tummy feeling'. 

Am I crazy but I just want to get down there and play.  The adults, they can work on the essentials...but the children.  They deserve to play, they deserve to smile.  Is it crazy to think you can just grab a volleyball or soccer ball and head down there and start a game? These kids deserve some normalcy.  Everyone's in panick, its time to round up a team and spread some love.

I am SO SICK of looking at the terrible pictures of Haiti. Although they are among the poorest of the poor countries in the Western Hemisphere, it is a beautiful country, which is why I decided to post some pictures of Haiti they way we all should envision it.
(credit to google images)










I have also included some ways you can help below if you are interested.


Here are options to immedietly donate funds to.

World Relief:
http://www.worldrelief.org/


World Vision
http://www.worldvision.org/


Hopeforce International
http://www.hopeforce.org/


Most important, is PRAYER. Please pray for the people.  It is the one thing you can do that costs you NOTHING.  Also, pray for those who are thinking of going out there. Many people I know,(myself included), feel called to just love on the people and give them the HOPE they deserve. Pray for those in their possible journey to Haiti.

1 comment:

Chuck & Sue said...

Mariss - Thanks so much for featuring Hope Force on your blog! I noticed that you are in Orange County. Were you aware that we have Hope Force Training coming up in Irvine Feb 18 - 20th? Email info@hopeforce.org for details. Sue Duby